Use These Air Conditioning Tips In Your Home or Office
Central air conditioning is essential to your comfort and one of the biggest household expenses. Living in Orlando, it’s especially important to take good care of the cooling system. Reaching out to Ferran Services for maintenance of all makes and models of cooling units protects efficiency and reliability, extends service life and saves you time and money.
With a call to 407-422-3551, you always speak with a live person and get the dedicated assistance you’re looking for. Our experience and expertise provides a valuable resource.
When you need an Air Conditioning Expert, call the team at Ferran Services
Whether you’re interested in tips to optimize air conditioner performance or in need of repairs, upkeep or installation, Ferran Services is here to help. Our team remains available 24/7 for emergency requirements, with no overtime fees and coverage across Orlando, Volusia, Winter Park, Windermere, Oviedo & Lake Mary, FL.
We’ve put together a few tips to keep your air conditioner running at its best. A little effort can go a long way in avoiding disruption, inconvenience and needless expense.
- Inspect outdoor condenser unit: The outdoor unit works more efficiently when it is clean and free of debris. Clear away any fallen branches, leaves and anything that might block airflow around the system.
- Check indoor vents: Vacuum dust and debris from indoor supply vents to facilitate airflow from the system. Prevent furniture, curtains, toys and other furnishings from blocking the vents.
- Raise thermostat setting: And adjustment of just a few degrees can save a great deal of energy and money without overly impacting comfort.
- Consider a programmable thermostat: Programmable, WiFi and smart thermostats automatically adjust to your schedule, conserving energy when the house is empty.
- Location of the thermostat: Heat-producing appliances such as lamps, ovens and dryers located near the thermostat will signal it to start up the air conditioner and cause longer running times.
- Curtains and blinds: Preventing the sun from heating up the home by closing curtains and blinds reduces the workload of the air conditioner.
- Avoid dryer and oven: Using the clothes dryer or oven during the heat of the day adds warm air into the home, forcing the air conditioner to work harder.
- Take care of ductwork: It’s a good idea to have ductwork regularly inspected and tested for leaks.